Sunday, March 31, 2013

John Rylan's first Easter- Pastor Wright and The sweet spirit

I haven't blogged in awhile, so please excuse my poor grammar that may or may not be in this entry, but I wanted to share some on John Rylan's first Easter.



We had a guest speaker at our church this Easter weekend. It was amazing to hear such a powerful, inspirational speaker for the Lord. I feel blessed to have been able to hear Pastor Wright speak and preach the good Word. After three days of services, Pastor Wright came to John Rylan and immediately Ry started smiling his charming smile. He said something that I will never forget, that may seem meaningless to some, but to a mother, it was touching. He said, "He has a sweet spirit." 


My love for you is endless


                                     A mothers love is instinctual, unconditional, and forever.


When someone speaks of someone else's spirit, it could be negative, it could be positive, it could be religious, it could be just a compliment. But coming from a man of God, speaking of someone's spirit is like speaking of their soul. It is hard to put into words to describe what I am talking about. So maybe I will just leave it at this: John Rylan is my sweet spirited prince. He is the light of my life. I am so thankful that I have been blessed with such an amazing child, who can light up someone's life with his smile. I am in such awe of how his eyes can speak so much, of how his smile can bring this enormous feeling of love to my heart at any given moment, and how I could be so incredibly blessed. 

                       

                                               You are my sunshine, my only sunshine

I have been thinking a lot this weekend as Pastor Wright spoke about good friday and the days leading up to Easter Sunday. He said something, I think it was today, that got me to think even more; something that I had never thought about before. God sent his Son to this Earth to save us and at the end of Jesus' life on Earth he was tortured and hung on a cross. What I got to thinking about was Mary- Jesus' mother- and God. How could they have felt to see their son being brutally punished for the world's sins? As a mother, just to see John Rylan cry is almost torture in itself. But to see him hurt, to see him in unimaginable pain... well, that's just unimaginable! Once again, I am not sure how to describe what I am talking about effectively or how to get the point across. I guess what I am getting at is that I am thankful that God sent his son to us. And I am thankful that God created my son and sent him to me


A smile is a light in the window of the soul indicating that the heart is at home
                   



                       There are hundreds of languages in the world but a smile speaks them all



                                       A smile from a child is a gift of sunshine and rainbows

No comments:

Post a Comment