Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Politics

Amerrrrrica.

I personally do not know who I am going to vote for, or if I am even going to vote at all. Really, I do not like either candidate. Then again, I'm not big on politics, so I do not have much room to talk. I know some people like Obama because he is a democrat and I know some people like Mitt because he is a republican. The only reason why some will vote for Obama or Mitt is because they are republican or democrat and feel like they should stick to their parties. Others will go purely off the lies that they hear through the media and not do their research on each candidate. Then again, who am I to talk?

Like I have stated before, I haven't done my research and from what I have heard from the presidential debate tonight and from the media beforehand, I am not particularly fond of either one of them. My father and I were speaking tonight during and after the debate. I agree that we need to go back to just plain old following the constitution. That's why it was made; to be followed. If we as a country are just going to throw the Constitution out the window, then there is no point in even paying attention to politics. There is no compromise. From what I see of politics, its just one person trying to one up the other, one person lying about another to try to get ahead. Politics isn't fair. It's not nice. I like nice.

For someone not knowing a darn thing about politics, I seem to have fallen into the trap of speaking my opinion on it. Though I am not quite sure what my opinion is. All I know is that I want my son to be able to have freedom of speech and expression and to be able to not pay thousands of dollars to the governments debt. I want him to grow up in a world full of love. I might as well just have said that I want my son to grow up in a world with unicorns and pots of gold at the end of every rainbow. Why is it so hard to keep the peace? Why is it so hard to respect others even though their religion or outlook on life is different from your personally? Why is it that we judge and do not think before we speak or act? I do not understand life. And I definitely do not understand politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment