Thursday, September 6, 2012

Back up plan


Well, today is the day. I have gathered all the information Ivy Tech told me I needed, but its not exactly what they have asked for. They have asked for my tax transcripts, a copy of my social security card, and a form they gave me to fill out. I filled out the form so that is a plus. I didn't do my taxes for 2011, so the IRS gave me a paper stating that I had yet to fill them out. I went online last night and did them, but I wont have the transcripts for another two weeks. I can't find my social security card, so I went to the Social Security Office and got a paper copy type thing. Hopefully, Ivy Tech will accept what I have until I can get my new social security card and my tax transcripts in the mail which will take up to 2 weeks. If they don't, I have a back up plan.

Back up plan: If Ivy Tech wont reenroll me in my classes, I will work until the spring semester to bring in some extra money. Lord knows we need it. It is not what I really want to do, but the good thing about that is I will be taking the same classes in the spring so I will be able to study the books that I already have over the fall and have a head start on the classes when I retake them. Granted, its not what I really want. I want to go to school now so that I can start making my future even better and not be stuck at some dead end job. But, I will have to learn patience if this doesn't go through at Ivy Tech today. Patience is something I need to work on. I just want the best for my son and I know that I am not doing my best if I am not in school or at a high paying job. I know that I can do better than fast food restaurants or telemarketing. I don't want my son to look at me and think I am a failure for not attending college or think it is okay to just get a GED in high school and work in a food chain for the rest of his life. I just want to set a good example.

Anyways, either way, I will be going to college and I will be getting a degree (eventually) and everything will work out. Fingers crossed. I am being optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment