Saturday, September 1, 2012

Life in general

Today has been a long day. We drove to New Harmony to meet with an old friend for a little while, went to Kadriene's and Miles' going away dinner, went to the mall, and then went to their hotel to go swimming for a bit. Needless to say, it was eventful. We look little Rylan along and I think it was just a bit much for him.

John and I have realized for awhile that we have little to no friends. We have our main group which consists of his best friend and my best friend. Then we have the few friends that we see every once in awhile. But what I realized even more tonight is that we need friends who have a family lifestyle. Example: When we went to the hotel tonight, we sat outside a bit while the baby was upstairs with Miles' mom. That was nice just to spend some time hanging out and talking with friends. But when we got back up to the room, there was loud rap music playing with curse words every other word and beer and Rylan was there. It just felt so uncomfortable at that point. Its like, I don't want my son listening to this or being around a party like scene. Granted, he will never remember it because he is just a baby, but its the principle of it. I am not going to be one of those mothers who takes her child bar hoping or to parties or whatever. If I want a night out or a night to hang out with friends or whatever, I will either find a baby sitter or do it another night. Tonight was just a reinforcement of that. My son needs positive influences and I know that. I guess what I am getting at is that we just need married couple friends. We need friends that have a positive attitude that respect that there is a baby around, you know? Now, I am not dissing on our friends at all. If anything, I am dissing on myself for putting my child in certain situations. I don't mind loud rap music or curse words but around my child, I do. I don't want my son to be growing up know what the word "fuck" means.

Once again, I am rambling.
An update on life: John Rylan McCleary Douglas is almost two months old. (August 11th will be the 2 month date) He weighs 13 pounds 12 ounces. What a big boy! He has been having some pooping problems again. We are giving him dilated prune juice to help him out. At first, we gave him too much because had only pooped 5 times in 3 days so I was like pouring it down his throat. (Figure of speech) His poor little butt got so red! Now, he is back to not pooping regularly so I just need to find a happy medium.
School is overwhelming. It's harder than I thought. Even going part time, its hard to be a full time mom. But, once again, I am trying to find the happy medium.
Recently, I have been so thankful for my father. He has been such a blessing to my husband and I and has been an awesome grandpa. In the past, I haven't really been able to be open and honest with anyone, esp my father. But I have been working on that a lot and it feels nice to just be able to talk to my dad sometimes.
Ups and downs have been happening lately, but I suppose that is a part of life. Thankfully, there have been ups than downs, but the downs seem pretty low. I am just trying to stay optimistic and keep my chin up.

Anyways, not much has changed. Not much is happening. I am working towards making my marriage stronger and being the best mom I can be. I am working on both diligently and hoping for the best in mine and my families life. I am thankful for the friends that we do have and I am thankful for the family support that we have gotten. All in all, I am thankful and I am ready for the good things to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment