Saturday, August 18, 2012

Good Values

I'm not sure if I am just getting old or what, but we just watched a movie that had curse word after curse word in it and I felt just down right dirty. I'm not sure if dirty is the right word but I was like ashamed that I watched the movie. Granted, it was one of the worst movie I have ever seen with no plot line besides the fact that Nicholis Cage was a nasty coke whore who was trying to keep his addiction covered up while being a cop. Seriously, horrible movie. But the point is, I used to be able to watch whatever. Now, its like ever time someone drops the f bomb, I'm like, "Oh no they diiiidnt!". I mean, even watching "dark movies" gives me a bad feeling. I am a mommy and I dont really want my boy to be hearing curse words all the time. Therefore, I dont curse (much) and I dont really want to be watching films that are nasty.

I felt like such a loner tonight. John and I wanted to go hang out with friends tonight, with it being a Saturday night and all, and we called the two friends we have. One didnt answer and the other was busy. We ot to the point where we were just lookin through our phones and calling random people that we hadnt talked too in months to see if they wanted to hang out. We ended up taking Ry on his first stroller walk in the state hospital park. It was nice having some good family time, but John and I both felt lame. I think its just one of those things that since we are married and have a family, we need friends that have that family value type of mind frame. We dont really roll around with the people we used too anymore seeing how most of them are former or current druggies. We dont really want our son around bad influences and we dont need to be around them either. I guess trying to make your life better has its disadvantages too: fewer friends who respect good values. Oh well. You win some and you lose some, I guess.





No comments:

Post a Comment