Friday, August 17, 2012

Life is like toaster waffles

Some people say life is like a box of chocolates. I think life is like toaster waffles. You put in what you expect, you know? You pop in a toaster waffle and what pops out? A toaster waffle. Its not like you put a toaster waffle and out pops out a bunny. I guess what I am getting at is you get what you put out.
Recently, my life is been like a toaster waffle. I have signed up for school at Ivy Tech and I am expecting to get a degree out of it. In the past, we have gotten two evictions. Granted, we were putting our money into other things and not putting our money towards our living arrangments. What did we expect, for the tooth fairy to pay our water bill? Uh, no.

Things have been going well. With the help of my father, we have finally gotten the ball rolling on our future. John was not accepted into the National Guard. He was really disappointed, but I was secretly glad. I didnt want to think about my husband being away for six months at a time and possibly missing his first sons first Christmas or first birthday or our first wedding anniversary. An old friend of mine has a husband in the National guard and presented me the pros and cons of it, and as I read through her email, I just crossed my fingers that I wouldn't have to deal with the distance and barely being able to talk and all that jazz. She reassured me though that, yes, I would live and it wouldn't be as bad as I was thinking. But, alas, I now don't have to worry about it. John and I are both enrolled into college. In three months, John will be working at AMR as an EMT. He is so excited to be providing for the family and finally going to school. I am proud to say that he is really getting his act together and has been a great husband and father lately. I am a bit nervous about school. I have never taken online courses and I am afraid that it wont be for me and I will fail the classes. I have always been a hands on person and have learned with examples and books. With me being a new mother with a baby boy though, I feel like online courses is the way to go right now. So hopefully I will be able to really get into it and succeed.

As I said, like is like toaster waffles. You get out what you put in. I am putting it all in and I hope to get out two perfectly cooked waffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment