Friday, July 13, 2012

I am a mommy

Finally. The moment has come. Ever since I was little, people would ask me, "what do you want to be when you grow up?", I would reply "a mommy." I am finally a mommy; a proud, happy, overjoyed, overwhelmed, ecstatic, mommy. It is everything I have hoped and dreamed, just even better.

John Rylan McCleary Douglas entered the world July 11, 2012 at 10:03 am, weighing in at 8 lbs 9.2 oz and measuring at 23 inches long. The hospital said we broke one of their records, for they haven't had a child measuring in at such a long length so long x amount years. (My boy is going to be tall!)

I don't have a lot of time, but when I do, I will ramble on and on all about labor and how sweet my nurses were and all my fears and feelings. But for now, what you get is short: It was not as bad as people made it out to be. Seriously. I got in there and got it done and now I have a beautiful baby boy. For those of you reading this who are about to become a parent, don't listen to the people who had the rare experiences of their vagina ripping into 8 pieces and their baby coming out with your uterus in their hands. It is not that bad. More on that on a later date though.

As for now, I have my angel. I feel like I am floating on cloud nine. I'm running on little to no sleep because I let Rylan sleep in my room with me at the hospital. It's an odd feeling having someone you have been so close too (literally) for nine months not be with you anymore, if that makes sense. I miss him even if he is in the same room with me. The only time when I don't miss him and feel absolutely complete is when he is in my arms. That is the best feeling in the world. It's the one I have been waiting for. I am a mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment