Saturday, July 14, 2012

I need the poops

I never thought that I would be praying for poop, but recently that's what most of my prayers have consisted of. My darling son is not pooping. (If he ever reads these blogs when he gets older, I'm sure he will kill me for just disclosing that information.) We almost were not discharged from the hospital because he was not pooping, but they decided to let us go home. Since we have returned, there has only been one "present" I have found. Today, he is supposed to poop 4 times; poor baby has only pooped once. You can tell it is distressing him because every time he tries too he starts wailing like someone just poked him with a hot iron and only a fart comes out.

I have been thinking about it, and I am so thankful to have healthy son, even if he can't poop right now. There are so many other parents that have to go through heartbreaking circumstances with their children and to just to be able to hear "he is healthy" is a blessing in itself. I used to pray for God to make sure my son came out with all his limbs and fingernails and had perfect hearing and eyesight, now I pray for poop. I have faith that the poop will come and when it does, I will be the happiest mother in the world.

1 comment:

  1. so happy he's healthy! hope he starts pooping more, go rylan, poopsie! lol. you should add one or two pictures to each blog post (not the poop ones, thanks) but i think it would complete your blog :) just a suggestion..

    ReplyDelete