Monday, July 9, 2012

Roller Coaster Ride

I'm not quite sure how this whole "blogging" things works. Really, I just want to write about my son and all the adventures we will have together and he isn't even born yet.
The biggest adventure together yet is soon to come; Rylan boy making his grand enterance. Today is his technical due date, but he has decided to cook in my belly a little longer. I'm supposed to be induced Wednesday morning. I feel anxious and nervous, overwhelmed, happy, worried... I could go on for hours about all the emotions I am feeling at this exact moment. I am sure I could go on for hours more, in depth, about why I feel each emotion, but that would just be me rambling. Then again, I'm rambling now about how I don't want to ramble.
All the "what ifs" are going through my mind like a thousand horses running in an open pasture and they just cant find a place to rest. "What if labor gets complicated?", "What if he isn't healthy?", "What if I can't labor right; can I labor wrong?", "What if I can't breastfeed?".
Then there are the "I wonders". "I wonder what color his eyes will be", "I wonder what color his hair will be", "I wonder what his first cry will sound like and if my heart will literally stop beating", "I wonder when I will stop crying tears of joy and be able to pull myself together long enough to take a picture".
Then there are the random questions like, "Will my water break before I am scheduled to go in to get induced?", "Am I making the right choice on breastfeeding over formula feeding?", "Is the epidural going to hurt as bad as some say, or is it just going to feel like a bee sting?". There are so many questions and yet I can't answer any of them. Unfortunately, patience was not something I was blessed with. I will just have to wait and see when the time comes for each question to answer itself.
I feel like my husband is more nervous than I am. He cant stop playing video games right now or he will just stare at me, waiting for me to pop like a balloon or something. Then he will pace around the house, anxiously biting his fingernails. I think some of the same questions that are constantly going through my head, are going through his as well. I might have to drive myself 45 minutes to the hospital because he will be so nervous he wont be able to drive! To me, its kind of cute.
The biggest adventure of both my life and my husbands will soon be started. I can not wait to embark on such a journey. I know it will be a roller coaster. I have never ridden a roller coaster, so I don't know what to expect. But I know it will be a thrill.

No comments:

Post a Comment